Last Exile Night 3 + new live drama (UPDATED WITH SUMMARY)

Discussion about other Last Exile works: manga, novel, etc.
Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Eternal sadness since it somehow connects back to Delphine.

That said, I have near everything I need for a writeup, I'm just waiting on someone's account of the second day's drama though I'm gonna start on everything else in the meantime so I can post it ASAP when I get the last thing I need. I'm probably going to split it into three posts when I get around to it, too. So stay tuned for a nice big summary in the near future!

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

Tara wrote:Eternal sadness since it somehow connects back to Delphine.

That said, I have near everything I need for a writeup, I'm just waiting on someone's account of the second day's drama though I'm gonna start on everything else in the meantime so I can post it ASAP when I get the last thing I need. I'm probably going to split it into three posts when I get around to it, too. So stay tuned for a nice big summary in the near future!
Oh, yeah. I can see Alex being completely devastated by it, and all "This is all my fault." toward both Claus and Dio even if he didn't really show it.(Sophia and possibly Vincent would probably see him flip his shit though.) .... I am going to end up writing another AU I just know it. My brain is just getting trampled by ideas now.

EEEEEE XD Can't wait for write the write up!

I hope there will be really good scans of the new art, and maybe more new art we didn't get to see.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Okay! Here I am with a hopefully elaborate enough and concise summary of the event as well as (and most importantly~), the live dramas that were performed! I'm gonna be breaking this up into three posts. The menu and items featured/for sale, the first day (Dio and Lucciola day), and then the second day (Alex and Claus day).

MENU & ITEMS

MENU

Last Exile Cafe

Top (with images):
Giselle's homemade quiche & Silvana's quiche supper
Single item: 400 yen, with drink: 650 yen

Lavie's sandwich (vegeto - ham - cheese)
Single item: 500 yen, with drink: 750 yen

Dio's pancakes
Single item: 400 yen, with drink: 650 yen

Ades Federation imperial capital bean soup dish
Single item: 350 yen

"Memories" lychee
Single item: 350 yen

Norkia wine
1,500 yen

Bottom:
Soft drinks:
Vincent's warship coffee (hot - iced) - 350 yen
Teddy's delicious "as usual" black tea (hot - iced) - 300 yen
Pepsi cola - 300 yen
Ginger ale - 300 yen
Orange juice - 300 yen

Original cocktails - 450 yen each
A: "What lies beyond the furthest reaches of the sky..."
B: "The waves that flow and dye the land gold..."
C: "The path the angels descend upon..."

(INGREDIENTS FOR THESE DRINKS I AM HAVING TRANSLATION PROBLEMS ON due to the quality of the menu images. Here is the most I found to work with if anyone is better at eyeballing kanji because I'd love to get these ingredients.)

And that's all for the menu!

ITEMS
Now onto the things they gave away/sold/whatever just for the event. They got Range Murata to draw illustrations for both nights, so there's a Dio & Lucciola image as well as a Claus and Alex (+Lavie) image. They were both released as both clear files, and calendars.

Image Image

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

DIO & LUCCIOLA DAY
Featuring Noda Junko (Dio) and Hanba Tomoe (Lucciola). As a side note some answers and responses shift between first and third person since they go between answering as themselves and sometimes joke to answer as a character.

Questions

After 10 years, how do you feel?
Noda: It feels like an instant. I originally thought from the images that I would be a handsome prince character, but in reality he's pretty screwed up. (laugh)
Hanba: That's very true.
Noda: In Fam he behaved cheerfully, but I think it was because he went through tough times so he tried to make light of it.

Hanba at some point about something joked "I've been dead for 10 years."

After 10 years, what do you think of the characters now?
Hanba starts out saying something about Lucciola's feelings being suppressed even if he actually felt touched by something. And his being sheltered/not going out much/you know, being Lucciola.
Noda talks about how Dio didn't put his feelings on the table and started to come out more when he grew attached to and interacted with a lot of people. And that was hard to do when it was just him and Lucciola as two people (and that he couldn't anyway, since you know lol sister).

What stands out as memorable during when you were recording?
Hanba: This wasn't during recording, but I got a call from the director during one of the mealtimes and was told "Lucciola is going to die after this." I responded with "Oh." They said "Hanba-san, think about this. Which is better, living without really knowing whether or not you exist, or falling magnificently?" as an actress, I said "I would want to fall magnificently." But now I regret it because I wouldn't have said that had I known there would be a sequel.

Noda chimed in at some point to her with some joke like "You're not dead! Because you just became glitter!"

Between Lucciola and Claus, who does Dio like better?
Noda: With Lucciola, it's love. And Claus is more like a toy or a pet, so when he ignores me, I get angry. (laugh)

At the time of the "Lucciola, get off now!" line, how was it?
Hanba: There was a great roar of laughter in the studio. Because [Noda] is terrible!
Noda: Because it was written in the script~! (sniffle)
Hanba: If that line was said like that, Lucciola would have certainly obeyed.

What is your most memorable scene?
Hanba: Before becoming glitter (the end of episode 23). All of Lucciola's feelings were filled to the brim.
Noda: The episode of the birthday. The birthday that awaited him was painful, and knowing that his memories would be erased was a scary thing. So the birthday party he had was heartwarming.

Sing Dio's birthday song, but for Lucciola.
Noda: Everyone at the event, let's sing it together.
Hanba: Huh, everyone sing it?!
Noda: I think you all remember it, right?

(and according to reports everyone sure did sing the song together)

Hanba: When is Lucciola's birthday?
Noda: When I named you, don't you think? ♪

(I WAS THE ONE WHO REQUESTED THE SONG because the questions were e-mail requests. I SCREAMED WHEN I HEARD ABOUT IT. Not just that it got asked, NOT EVEN THAT IT HAPPENED. BUT THAT NODA ASKED EVERYONE TO SING ALONG AND THEY DID. JUST THINKING ABOUT IT MAKES ME WANT TO CRY WITH HAPPINESS. According to the reports I found everyone had fun when they sang it because they were full of love for Dio and Lucciola. This literally made my life I can't even completely wrap my head around the fact that I caused this beautiful moment from across the planet. And then they even talked about how Lucciola's birthday would technically be on the day Dio named him. .//////////.)

If Lucciola was alive and able to meet Dio for the first time in 10 years, what would be said?
Hanba: I would daringly say something normal. "It's been a long time, Lord Dio."

Requested Lines to Recite Live
Dio: When something tastes good, you have to let it show on your face, Lucciola!
Lucciola: My face? ...it is very delicious.
Dio: Geez, Lucciola! You call that a face that screams "delicious?" You're hopeless! Hahaha!

Dio: Lucciola! I was just ordered to do something. Um, how are you supposed to answer at times like this?"
Dio: Roger!

Lucciola: Alvis needs your help. As does Lord Dio.

Dio: You and I are shooting stars. Become a shooting star with me, Immelmann!

Dio: You know, you and I are friends, Lucciola!

Lucciola: Lucciola ... thank you very much. It is a wonderful name.
Dio: Lucciola! From now on, you're Lucciola!

From Fam: The Silver Wing:
Dio: That was Lucciola's seat.

Dio: Let's go, Lucciola!
Lucciola: Yes. (Hanba responded as Lucciola to Dio's line in the last episode as if he were there)

DIO & LUCCIOLA LIVE DRAMA

(IMPORTANT NOTE This is not 100% the whole drama. It's the main points with a lot of (random) lines, though, which is still great!)

The rain, Dio and Lucciola. When all overlap, what drama will be born?

Dio is eating a pomegranate.
"I've heard pomegranates have the taste of people. Red and beautiful. Like blood."
"The taste ... of people?"

"Hey, Lucciola. Can you bring me a pomegranate?"
"Yes."

Lucciola washes a(nother) pomegranate.
"Shall I make it into juice this time?"
"Yes, it may be good like blood."
Lucciola was shocked at Dio's inability to separate it from the flavor of humans.

"Lucciola, did you know? More than half of the human body is made of water."
"I have heard of that."
"And these pomegranates are cultivated with First Water. It's strange, don't you think? Maybe the pomegranate has the taste of humans because it's made with the same kind of water that makes up humans. Hey, Lucciola. How do you make First Water?"
"The Guild makes it by using filtration of rainwater."
"Then it's not First Water, but Second Water."
"Please forgive me, but I don't understand what you are saying."
"If it's made from rainwater, rainwater would be First Water. --Lucciola, let's go for a drink of First Water!"

On Dio's whim, the two go out in a Guild vanship on a rainy day. Of course, it's a secret from Delphine. Lucciola is piloting while Dio is in the navigator's seat. With open arms and his face tilted up, Dio drinks the rainwater.
"Do you want to try too, Lucciola?"
"It would be dangerous."

Dio spots a flock of rainbirds.
"Rainbirds. I want to fly, too!"
"?!"
Dio suddenly leaps from the vanship. Panicking, Lucciola flies the vanship into a dive to catch Dio.
"Lord Dio! Calm down! Keep your eyes on me! This way!"
Lucciola desperately catches Dio.
"What were you planning on doing if I couldn't have caught you!?"
"Why would you think that? Isn't this Lucciola and I?" (I think this line might have been intended to emphasize "of course you caught me it's us" but idk)
Dio spoke casually.

Dio soon brings up the suggestion of "let's go down to the city."
"We don't know what is down there. Please reconsider."
Dio didn't hear/listen.
"Understood. I will protect Lord Dio at any cost."

The two go down to the town.
"It's gray. Even the peoples' skin dulls brownish. Maybe the Guild's people are colored white because they drink first water, and that's why the people on the ground aren't white?"

Dio comes across some mud that got wet from the rain.
"Wow! What's that? It looks like chocolate."
"Lord Dio, that is mud!" (Maestro Delphine hates the mud/dirty things. If she knew that Lord Dio touched such a thing...)
Without heeding Lucciola's hesitant tone, Dio drops into the mud.
"It's cold, but it feels good."
Despite becoming muddy, Dio is still in high spirits.
"Lucciola, you come in too!"
Lucciola also drops into the mud.
"I'll be scolded if Delphine finds out."
"... yes."
"But you know, I want to try feeling everything myself. I want to feel it, and understand."
Dio was still happy, despite being covered in mud. Lucciola stares at Dio.
(Even soaked by rain and covered in mud, Lord Dio seems to be enjoying himself. Why... But, that's just how Lord Dio is.)

Once out of the mud, Dio finds a place where there's water. After washing his hands, he cups his hands together to gather more of the water to drink.
"Lord Dio! That is dirty water. Please do not drink it."
"I already drank some. But, isn't this the water that the people who live on the ground drink? So I can drink it just fine, too."
"The people who live on the ground are different. You are accustomed to drinking First Water, Lord Dio. It will ruin your stomach."
"You drink some too, Lucciola."
Dio holds out his hands, after scopping up more water into them.
"I humbly accept."
Lucciola drinks the water directly from Dio's hands.
"Well?"
"It is ... most delicious."
"Isn't it unexpectedly tasty? Oh! Lucciola, you're smiling!"
Dio looked delighted.
"At least if we end up getting stomachaches, we'll get them together now. Wouldn't it be nice to roll around together?" (pretty sure this line is Dio literally seeing being sick together as a fun thing hence the rolling around. yeah)

"From now on, we'll experience all kinds of things together. And Lucciola will be be there, too."
"Yes. I am Lord Dio's..."
"What?"
Lucciola had started to say something, but abrubtly stopped.
The words that would have followed did not have to be said.
But, Dio didn't notice it.

And such is the story of Dio and Lucciola making a memory in the rain.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

CLAUS & ALEX DAY
Featuring Mayumi Asano (Claus) and Toshiyuki Morikawa (Alex).

Questions

Please share your impressions.
Morikawa: Alex was the type to say, "If you're hit, fire back! Ten-fold!" seeking revenge, but it was a very raw emotion.
Asano says something about Claus' accent/pronounciation in terms of homophones, an example used was 'ima' meaning 'now' versus 'ima' meaning 'living room'.

Asano also mentions something about the scene after Alex was crucified with the roses, and being proud of herself with the dubbing in that scene.

[Morikawa], if you were Alex, and had responsibilities as a captain as well as the emotions as an avenger, which would you prefer to prioritize?
Morikawa: I think it's a question of work vs. self-interest. It's troublesome... But, I wonder if I'd seek revenge anyway.

Out of Lavie, Tatiana, Alis, Sophia and Al, do you think Claus likes any of those girls?
Asano: That's a tough question, because Claus himself is still very childish/young. But, he's someone who is good with people. Though I think his heart did pound (dokidoki) for Sophia, but his feelings of love are still not known, because he's still young.
Morikawa: Sophia is good enough, don't you think~?

After Sophia left the ship, how did Claus feel about Alex?
Asano: It was like something that had become an axis being moved, and also partly because he liked Sophia, so there was an uneasiness about the things he didn't understand that turned into anger, for which Alex became an outlet for. (also mentions something about their difference or closeness in age)
Morikawa: That was also a time where Alex was very conflicted, I think.

Requested Lines to Recite Live
Claus: Lavie, thank you. It was thanks to you that we were able to win. Nobody can take your place. No matter what anybody else says, you're my navigator, Lavie.

Alex: Killing her will change nothing. Unless we change this world, fighting the Guild is meaningless.

Claus: That's why you fly in these skies?

Alex: I'm a coward. I fled from the Grand Stream. I even left behind the person who meant everything to me.

Claus: I'm not going to run away from these skies. I'm not going to run away from our vanship.

CLAUS & ALEX LIVE DRAMA

(IMPORTANT NOTE This is not 100% the whole drama. It's the main points with a lot of lines, though, which is still great!)

It starts on Earth, and Claus is reminded of Alex..
Claus thinks to himself: (Alex Row. I've thought about him many times since arriving on Earth. I don't think I'll ever forget. It's something deeply ingrained in my heart.)

Then begins a recollection of Claus. The stage is set after episode 16. Claus has a chance encounter with Alex in the hangar, during the night. He's drinking alcohol next to the vanship. Claus asks him what he's doing in a place like this, and Alex holds out his liquor to Claus without an answer.
"This is wine made in Norkia. You can have the rest."
"No, thank you. I don't really drink alcohol."

Claus moves to leave, but is stopped by Alex.

"Were you talking to the vanship?"
"My vanship is a friend. It's the same for Lavie, sometimes when things get hard, we talk to the vanship."
Alex doesn't respond.
"I'll protect Lavie and Al."
"I'm protecting that kid for my own sake." Alex's tone is rough when he answers Claus.
"Everybody on the Silvana, Godwin and the others, they all follow you loyally. Think about the rest of the crew more!"

"... why do you fly in the sky?"
"I do it because I pilot a vanship. I want to know what is happening in these skies. So I fly to find the answer. Even if flying to learn ... will be painful."
"Claus. Look at me. A person who learns becomes like this. I'm already dead. This is your future."
"You're wrong! I won't become like you!"

"You called the vanship a friend, but there was a man who called it his own self. When a person is away from the ground, they become the vanship themself. That's something that your father said. ...It was very like your father."
"Don't you want to fly freely in the sky, too?"
"The day I came to tell you about your father's death, I wondered if I only came back to make your mother sad. I stopped being able to fly. But eventually, I was driven by the sudden impulse to fly, one day."

"What did you think when we came aboard the Silvana?"
"I thought that a ghost appeared."

"Why do you fly in the sky? You don't look at the current sky. You look at the sky from 10 years ago."
"The reason why I fly is the same reason I flew 10 years ago."
Again, Claus asks Alex. "Why do you fly in the sky?"
"Because I love it."
"That's a good old answer. (I feel like I undestand a little more about the man named called Alex Row.) ... it was nice to be able to talk today."
Claus takes the liquor from Alex, and promptly chokes on it after trying to drink vigorously.
Alex leaves.
Claus thinks to himself: (Alex didn't give me the answer I was expecting. I wanted Alex to tell me "I want to fly in 'my own' vanship.") (I think my own here might be referencing back to the whole 'becoming the vanship yourself thing mentioned earlier)

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

Thank you so much! This really brightened my day.

I'm so not surprised about the Claus crushing on Sophia thing! lol He really does need it shoved in his face to notice a woman.
Morikawa: That was also a time where Alex was very conflicted, I think.
Totally taking this as OTP proof, DGAF what anyone else says.

-TK-

Post by -TK- »

Thank you for the summary, I wish I had been there...
Tara wrote:(INGREDIENTS FOR THESE DRINKS I AM HAVING TRANSLATION PROBLEMS ON due to the quality of the menu images. Here is the most I found to work with if anyone is better at eyeballing kanji because I'd love to get these ingredients.)
This is the best I could come up with...but it almost killed my eyes.... :mrgreen:

オリジナルカクテル

A: 『空の彼方にあるものは・・・』
爽やかなミントとフレッシュなパインが
心に風を届けてくれる

B: 『大地を金色に染める波・・・』
香気高いハーブと実りの果実オレンジが
大地に風を届けてくれる

C: 『天使の降りる道・・・』
輝く季節のように爽やかなレモンが
大空に風を届けてくれる
Last edited by -TK- on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

YEAH I'm sadly a crap-show with kanji, especially in that quality, heh.

But eyeballing, I see mint and pine in A, orange in B and lemon in C? I'm drivebying right now but yes. God I want to make all of these fandom drinks. And also make a list of them all since I already have a list from other places. I need to work on that. (AND A MILLION OTHER THINGS the last couple of months and going back to work has made me a sad useless creature)

ALSO ALSO THOUGH!

One fanartist drew a sort of summary thing of both question stuff and the DioLucci drama. Handwritten Japanese however I am like HAHA with. Maybe I will try to see if anything NOT in the above summary was added in any of the text in this, but I might fail because handwritten lel. EITHER WAY it's a cute drawing. And I know one other fanartist is planning to draw something up! :3 Obviously you need a pixiv account to view.