Last Exile Night 3 + new live drama (UPDATED WITH SUMMARY)

Discussion about other Last Exile works: manga, novel, etc.
Tara
Administrator

Last Exile Night 3 + new live drama (UPDATED WITH SUMMARY)

Post by Tara »

EDIT: SUMMARY OF THE EVENT STARTS HERE!!

SO, as I just updated the site with (I was waiting to add a few more things before making it live, but after THIS NEWS...), info about the Dio and Lucciola drama that happened at an event some time ago is now up on the site in the Media section! This event was called Last Exile Night 2.

The Last Exile site just updated today that they are holding Last Exile Night 3 to commemorate the series' 10 year anniversary. Taking place at a theater in Japan, it's a marathon of the series with guests and fun happenings that I am SUPER JEALOUS OF BECAUSE I WANT TO BE THERE. Especially after last time with Noda Junko and Tomoe Hanba doing the DioLucci drama live. Though I appreciate fans giving summaries and drawing comics as evident on the page of the drama.

Anyway though, at this event they are having two special sections! One is Dio and Lucciola night, where, AGAIN, Noda Junko and Tomoe Hanba will be guests (MY JEALOUSY AT THE PEOPLE WHO WILL GO ALL OF MY JEALOUSY!!!) And the second night is Claus and Alex night, with special guests Mayumi Asano and Toshiyuki Morikawa, Claus and Alex's seiyuu.

Also announced was a newly written drama by Atsuhiro Tomioka that will be performed live there. The only info about it so far is that it will focus on Alex and Claus and will have a "surprising/shocking" appearance by Dio and Lucciola. Needless to say somebody (ME) is going to be doing info gathering again just like last time.

The event will be happening on November 1st.

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

ALEX!!!! OMG SO EXCITED! The only thing that make me happier about this was if it was Alex, and Sophia and ended up at least hinting my OTP. I would probably die from OMG YAY then.

Editing to add I hope someone makes a comic of this one too! The Firefly one was so cute.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

I have no idea what they are going to cover yet but maybe closer to the date they will hint something more. For the first drama they just mentioned it was Dio and Lucciola-centric, as well as giving us the name of the drama. As of right now the drama doesn't seem to have a title (that, or it just hasn't been announced yet). I'll use my detective skills and keep you posted if something comes up (especially since I already poked a couple of people who are planning to go who said they would summarize the event XD)

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

A couple of small updates.

I saw some talk about talking to Shuichi Kouyama-- who is a screenwriter for both series and also wrote the first series novels. I'm not sure exactly what it is yet, possibly input about the drama? His name was brought up from the event runner when he mentioned something about the drama, but I'm not sure what's up with that yet. Aside from some of the fans I follow getting excited because they liked the Dio getting all hot and sweaty in his ship and bath scenes from the novel are were like YEAH GIVE US SOME MORE O DAT (pls). (yeah I follow a lot of Dio/DioLucci fans so I don't miss anything 'w')

And the other update is I've done some poking and these awesome kind fans are going to summarize the event and the drama for everyone after the event. :T So that'll definitely be happening! Since tickets went on sale already and a bunch of people already got them.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

BIG UPDOOT RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS. It sounds like each day might have a drama? They just released more info about the Dio & Lucciola day and BOY AM I EXCITED. oh my god oh my god.

So okay not much info is out just yet, but the keyword for the drama is "rain." It takes place before Dio meets Claus and has something to do with Dio, Lucciola and rain?

"The plot of the limited edition of the Last Exile Night drama arrived. The first night of Dio and Lucciola drama, keyword is "rain". The time axis is before Dio and Claus meet. Rain, Dio and Lucciola."

November hurry and come plz.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Oh wait there were two new things. OTHER DRAMA INFO NOW for the Alex and Claus one.

"And the keyword for the Alex and Claus drama is "empty." This is what the story will be about. The determination of Alex not saying much. The conflicting moments and emotions between two people."

Not sure if the "not saying much" is a reference to his general aloof personality or maybe having to do specifically with his not outright telling Claus about his connection to his father? We'll see I guess, but there.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Oh boy here I am again. Range Murata is drawing two new illustrations for both dramas coming out. The info says "Stay tuned for the unveiling of the illustrations" so I am assuming they are going to publicly release them and not just show them off during the event? I hope?! Anyway the images are described as:

- First illustration is Dio and Lucciola in Guild clothes, something about a rainy day and two friends in harmony and it's cute.

- Second illustration is Lavie looking on at Claus and Alex, something about the expressions being very striking (particularly Alex?)

Cute Guild boys in rain yes this pleases me. I'll update again with any new news or images!

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

Tara wrote:Oh boy here I am again. Range Murata is drawing two new illustrations for both dramas coming out. The info says "Stay tuned for the unveiling of the illustrations" so I am assuming they are going to publicly release them and not just show them off during the event? I hope?! Anyway the images are described as:

- First illustration is Dio and Lucciola in Guild clothes, something about a rainy day and two friends in harmony and it's cute.

- Second illustration is Lavie looking on at Claus and Alex, something about the expressions being very striking (particularly Alex?)

Cute Guild boys in rain yes this pleases me. I'll update again with any new news or images!
OMG YAY! If only he'd do art of Alex and Sophia together. *sigh*

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

I want to steal RM and just make him draw Last Exile all day all the time.

That said, less than two weeks until the event now! I get more excited the closer we get. I'm ready to do my detective work.

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

OMG... The pic you posted on Tumblr of Alex with Claus and Lavie.... Why does that make want to write AU fic where Alex survives, and what his reaction would be to Claus' injuries.... :cry: