Art Booklet

Soundtracks, artbooks, and much more!
Corny

Art Booklet

Post by Corny »

Sorry if I talk about old merchandise here, but I was sorting through my Last Exile pictures today and found scans from a little art booklet I found on ebay back when I was looking for Last Exile merch there. I still have that booklet, too. It included two sheets with little stickers.
Does anyone know what that is or where you could originally get that?
Cover.jpg
Cover.jpg (82.62 KiB) Viewed 35723 times
Illustrations.jpg
Illustrations.jpg (61.24 KiB) Viewed 35723 times
Stickers.jpg
Stickers.jpg (78.23 KiB) Viewed 35723 times

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

Wish I could help. Those vanship with the knife and fork stickers are adorable.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

THEY SUPER ARE.

That said, I can't tell what it is off the top of my head. But I'll try to do some deep digging around to see if I find anything. How many pages is the book and what kind of info does it have in it? :o

(which reminds me myself I have some scanning to get to for stuff that isn't online still, I can finally get back to things now that I'm kind of ... out of a timesink and negative situation I was in)

Corny

Post by Corny »

Just eight pages of it are filled with texts or graphics, the others are free, save for a little symbol at the bottom.
The graphics are about vanships, but I can't say what the japanese texts are about. However, there's one paragraph that lists one to six stars, so maybe it explains what the ranks of vanship missions are.
I think the whole thing is meant to be the pilot's log - you know, the thing that Lavie pulls out at the Madthane estate to proof that they're proper couriers. So all the free pages are for your missions and the stickers are for the type of delivery and the rank - just a guess.
I uploaded all the texts and illustrations, so maybe someone could try to make sense of it. Sorry, just photos, no scans - I don't want to destroy it :(
Text page 1
Text page 2
Text page 3
Text page 4
Vanship
Instrument Panel + Steam Drull (Drill ;) )
Steam Drill

-TK-

Post by -TK- »

Corny wrote:Just eight pages of it are filled with texts or graphics, the others are free, save for a little symbol at the bottom.
The graphics are about vanships, but I can't say what the japanese texts are about. However, there's one paragraph that lists one to six stars, so maybe it explains what the ranks of vanship missions are.
I think the whole thing is meant to be the pilot's log - you know, the thing that Lavie pulls out at the Madthane estate to proof that they're proper couriers. So all the free pages are for your missions and the stickers are for the type of delivery and the rank - just a guess.
I uploaded all the texts and illustrations, so maybe someone could try to make sense of it. Sorry, just photos, no scans - I don't want to destroy it :(

The title of the booklet is "Norkia Vanship Union Rules" (ノルキアヴァンシップ組合規約) and it is the official list of rules for vanship couriers.
Last edited by -TK- on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corny

Post by Corny »

Awesome, thanks! I'd really like to be able to read all of it :|

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

TK might have a better/quicker eye than me, but those images might be good enough to work with, I'm just always super slow with translations. But I can try because I want to see all the rules!

Anyway I did find some info where it came up. In November of 2003 there was a Last Exile Exhibition at Gofa called making edition. You can see it on their old schedule still right here. The booklet seems like it was an item that was given out to attendees of the event!

What are the other stickers of? I found another image, but unfortunately it's too small to make out if the other stickers are unique (like that cute ass hungry vanship one) or if they're numbered star stickers.

Corny

Post by Corny »

Luckily, scanning the stickers was not problematic:
Stickers 1
Stickers 2

-TK-

Post by -TK- »

Tara wrote:TK might have a better/quicker eye than me, but those images might be good enough to work with, I'm just always super slow with translations. But I can try because I want to see all the rules!
You can find the same list of rules in the "Last Exile Chronicle" book, pages 128 - 129.
Well, I haven't cross-checked, but the text should be the same...

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

It is! So that makes things easier. :)