Dio cosplay!

Fanart, fanfiction, cosplay, graphics ... anything you create yourself, share it all!
Tara
Administrator

Dio cosplay!

Post by Tara »

Woh it's cosplay pics.

I figure I'd share this since I'm doing it again this upcoming Otakon. But last year I cosplayed him for the first time there! And I had a lot of fun. :T I just really like cosplaying/rping/fanart collecting/EVERYTHING all of my really really favorite characters.

But yes anyway, this costume was more or less all commissioned. I wish I had talent to make something like this! Though on my account there, the Xenosaga cosplay I did actually do myself and am quite proud of, so I want to learn how to do more. I did start to work on Dio's belt myself since the belt the commissioner gave me was ... realllllyy not anything like the one in the series. But it was somewhat half-assed since I had deadlines and actually did a few other more urgent alterations to the costume that were more important. Like the grey part on the bottom of the robes on the inside of the legs since it didn't come with that, and attaching the tassles and stuff. So I did have my share of fun in tweaking and fixing parts of it myself. The boots were also commissioned, the wig I cut and styled myself, and the hairtie I also made myself. Oh and the goggles I did on my own too. I also love the makeup I found for the eyes. *u*

I also went kind of prop crazy with really pretty realisting looking butterflies, roses and rose petals, and of course lilies. For this upcoming Otakon I'm going to put together the little keychain (the one that turns into the sword) he carries on him as well. I hope I can fix the stuff I wanted to work on by the time the con gets here again. I am excite.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Just got back from Otakon, where I cosplayed Dio again! Pics are here and go to the end of page 3! I had tons of fun, am happy with the alterations compared to last year, and enjoyed playing with my new prop!

I also made a couple of gifs while there. One is an outtake of me falling when I was in the middle of trying to do the first one. XD
Spoiler

lilyexile

Post by lilyexile »

It's so good
"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, kid"

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

You are so awesome at cosplay, and a seriously adorable Dio.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Thanks so much guys! I always have so much fun cosplaying in general but doing Dio is just like ... eeee I want to do everything and take all of the pictures!