Fanbuild of Tatiana's Vanship and Fam's Vespa (Modified)

Fanart, fanfiction, cosplay, graphics ... anything you create yourself, share it all!
Aki

Fanbuild of Tatiana's Vanship and Fam's Vespa (Modified)

Post by Aki »

Sort of awkward since I forgot about this site for over a year, but my sister showed me this really amazing fanbuild of Tatiana's vanship and Fam's Vespa, and I felt that I really had to share it with other people who could properly appreciate its awesomeness!

The modeller (DoroubouHige) said that he fell in love with Kobayashi Makoto's sketch of Tatiana's damaged vanship from the last episode of Fam, and so decided to build the model in accordance with that drawing as far as possible. He did an amazing job, and even made a diorama of sorts with a mechanic towing the busted vanship and Fam and Gisey following along in their Vespa, all while floating above the Turan Exile. And not only that, but the models actually light up! How incredible is that! You can even control how the Exile lights up, as he demonstrates in the video.

Pictures!

A picture of the full ensemble.

Comparison with the sketch!

Looking a little queasy there, Gisey...

...But not as bad as Tatiana and Alis, who appear to be completely unconscious.

*glows*

"I'm just sitting here coolly."

And lastly, the beautifully-made and -lit Turan Exile!

You can see more pictures over at his blog; there are also fairly detailed records of how he assemble the models, for those who are interested in building!

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

AAAAAAH THAT IS AMAZING! I've seen and posted the Turan Exile before, but oh gosh the same person went even further to make all of this!

This is also ... amazing timing, because the Torpedo Vanship model that just came out just got to my apartment! So it'll be fun to look up alters even though I am a total noob at this stuff myself.

But wow thanks to much for posting these! I had no idea there was more than the Exile (which by itself blew me away because DAMN)

Aki

Post by Aki »

Yeah, it's really cool isn't it! I'm glad I could share its awesomeness with another person! ^^

And when you do get round to modding your model, please take pictures! I'll look forward to them~ Actually, even if you don't mod it, please take pictures anyway! Models are always wonderful to look at. I don't build any myself, so I appreciate the effort that goes into them all the more. :D