Robot anime tech & characters

Anime, manga, games, comics, TV shows? Talk about any other non-LE related media here!
Csilla Aria

Robot anime tech & characters

Post by Csilla Aria »

I hope this is in the right place, as it is about robot, or possibly sci fi anime in general.

Anyway, does anyone ever wonder what the characters from one series would think of the tech from another? Like what would Last Exile characters think of Gundams? Sorry, it's just one of those weird things that popped into my head and I thought it might be an interesting discussion.

-TK-

Post by -TK- »

Usually I don't tend to mix two sci-fi series because of the differences between the physics of the two worlds.

However, let's see... how could a LE character react in front of a Gundam mobile suit?

For Luskinia the answer would be "shiro no isan": that's clearly something belonging to the white legacy... He would also drop an Exile on it, just in case.
For a member of the Guild the Gundam suit would resemble a starfish fighter. Probably he would be familiar with most of the equipment used on board of a Gundam, apart from the power plant and propulsion systems. Fusion reactors and rocket thrusters? What a waste! What about a Claudia engine? Dyan would disagree on the rocket thrusters part, though.

For a Gundam pilot the answer would be "magic". Claudia? What an incredible ore! It allows you to lift enormous battleships with steam engines using Claudia/water and Claudia alcohol solutions. You can even use Lithium/Claudia batteries for your fighters. Such an incredible propulsion system used to move "prehistoric" vehicles with no electronics like vanships and vespas. On the other hand you have space colonies and exiles. Sure, they witness your glorious past, but now it's gone.