Hi everyone!

Drop in and say hello!
Astral Kyouki

Hi everyone!

Post by Astral Kyouki »

I want to start off by thanking Tara for creating this forum. When I first got into Last Exile, I wanted so badly to share my love for the series with other people, but couldn't find anyone else who was interested in it. I hope this site will help bring together the community that is the Last Exile fandom :D

Anyway, I'm Astral Kyouki (you can just call me Astral, if you'd like), or known by some as fifty-shades-of-jade on tumblr! I discovered Tara's blog after she left a comment on one of my posts, and then saw the link to this forum in her description.

I discovered Last Exile one day in 2011 while searching for a steampunk anime to watch. I found some of the official artwork of Tatiana, Lavie, and Claus and looked up the opening sequence. It wasn't until my dad (a big anime fan as well) discovered the series himself that we decided to watch it together, and I immediately fell in love with the artwork, music, plot, and characters. My favorite LE character has always been Dio, and I like the pairings of Dio/Lucciola and Alex/Sophia.

When Fam: The Silver Wing was announced, I remember freaking out, not only because an older series and fandom would be revived, but also (of course) because the trailer proved that Dio was alive and that he would be a part of the new series. For several months after Fam had aired, I was busy with school, but now that summer has arrived, I have devoted time every day to watching it. It's hard to say who my favorite character is from FTSW since I love all of them, but I have to say that Dio, Luscinia, and Alauda hold a special place in my heart. I just have a tendency to obsess over the Guild xD Now, I only have six episodes left to watch and I can already predict that I will experience a mixture of emotions when I reach the finale. As it is, these characters have already given me a load of "feels," as people on tumblr call it. I can easily say that Last Exile has begun to take over my blog and just my life overall.

Outside of LE, I have a few other interests and hobbies. Fandom-wise, I like Homestuck, OFF, and Dangan Ronpa, and I also like a few other anime series such as Samurai 7, Angel Beats, and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, to name just a few. I also love Studio Ghibli films and really can't pick a favorite. As for hobbies, I enjoy writing stories (which I have been lazy with lately), drawing, and roleplaying. I hope this forum will give me the opportunity to RP Last Exile since no other forum or social media website has. ^^''

I live in Cleveland, on the border of the Grand...er...one of the Great Lakes ;)

-TK-

Post by -TK- »

Hi and welcome on board!

It seems like every Last Exile fan has a special place for Dio in his/her heart. Indeed, Dio is so cool! 8-)

Well, I am looking forward to read your comments on "Fam the Silver Wing" once you have finished to watch the remaining episodes!!

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

:D Welcome! Hope you have a great time here with us!

Another Alex/Sophia fan! YAY!

You're the same as me as far as characters go, Sometimes they bore me, sometimes they make me angry, sometimes they just confuse me, but I really love all of them.

Astral Kyouki

Post by Astral Kyouki »

Thank you both for the welcome, and I look forward to posting in some of the other topics and getting to know everyone! I'll be sure to share my thoughts on "Fam the Silver Wing" once I finish it, as well!

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

OMG HIII. That tumblr meme made my day. Every time I see like. Anybody even remotely interested in LE or hanging out in the tag I'm just like HELLO. HELLO I LIKE YOU.

But ah it must be so cool to have a parent into stuff that you are. XD My cousins used to be! But that was so long ago. And A+ favorite character I might have a little bias there.

And oh man, sometimes I go back and watch the old trailer for Fam where they play a clip from Buddy and I get all nostalgic, because I flipped the hell out too when they announced the series. Because it was so ... like WOAH ALL THESE YEARS LATER I can tell I'm doomed.

But ah I'm glad you joined! :D And can't wait to talk to you more. LET'S ROLL AROUND IN LE FEELINGS.

Astral Kyouki

Post by Astral Kyouki »

Hiii ^^ I'm glad that I've been able to meet so many LE fans through that meme. I also have to say that when you said everyone should come and be your friend, my day was made as well because WOW A LAST EXILE FAN WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND!

Yeah I do enjoy being able to watch anime with my dad, but I think he's baffled by my fangirl tendencies. Like yesterday when we watched the finale for Fam, I was practically screaming at certain parts and he just sat there kind of indifferent, haha. Awww, hopefully you'll be able to find more people you know in person who share your interests~ Even though I have a few friends into anime, only one has attempted to watch Last Exile and he didn't like Claus just because of his voice actor. I guess you can't please everyone :roll:

Yeah the trailer you're referring to was probably the same one I saw, since Buddy was played throughout the entire thing and overall it was VERY similar to the opening sequence of Fam. Omg though, the trailer started out with Dio talking and I just remember shouting "DIO!!!!" over and over. Ahhh LE feels. How long I've waited to express them~ And we're all doomed, it seems.

Thank you! Ever since I joined I've just been like, "YAY NEW FRIENDS!" Making friends is good. And yes, rolling around in LE feelings is one of the reasons I came here xD