Ahoy!

Drop in and say hello!
Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

cgChick wrote:I'm a big Claus/Lavie fan and the way they just left that open ended, even in Travelers, was like... huh? I mean I know romance isn't supposed to be the focus of the series, but if that's the case then why introduce all the plot threads around romance only to just forget about them? I know the Japanese love subtlety but this is a bit much.
Yeah. :( I MEAN you can semi-glean from the end that Lavie is irreplaceable and from that and a lot of the moments from that end were sort of hinting and pushing, but they don't focus on actual text as much as random subtext. Which is funny because like you said they sure do like bringing it up a lot.

cgChick wrote:MANGA?!?! EEEE!!!! Scan them scan them scan them! I wanna seeeee!
HAHA I WILL. Travelers is already up scanlated. I wanna get around to scanlating the extra little Tatiana thing they added in the tankobon. But aside from that there are volumes 2 and 3 of the Fam adaptation which is nothing to write home about. I will get around to it soon though. I have all of the raw from Young Ace when they were coming out each month, but those scans are in such bad quality I didn't want to put them up only to have to replace them later.

Also yes uho gonna toss up a sticky in this part of the forum. 'w'

cgChick

Post by cgChick »

I MEAN you can semi-glean from the end that Lavie is irreplaceable and from that and a lot of the moments from that end were sort of hinting and pushing, but they don't focus on actual text as much as random subtext. Which is funny because like you said they sure do like bringing it up a lot.
The one thing I don't get is in the ending of Fam when you do see Claus and Lavie again, Lavie's all huggy-huggy on Claus. I'm trying to figure out if that was the staff's way of saying "yeah they got together offscreen and due to the years of repressed feelings they're now in that obnoxious PDA stage where they're hanging off each other a lot" or that was the staff's way of saying "LOL I dunno whatever, here's Lavie because we need to show her somewhere and here's Claus in a wheelchair because WTF why not?"
I wanna get around to scanlating the extra little Tatiana thing they added in the tankobon.
OOOOH TATIANA YESSSSS... her whole thing with Claus always annoyed me a bit because she's all like "I can replace Lavie" to Claus and I'm like "NOBODY CAN REPLACE ALISTER!!!" Poor Alister, Tatiana keeps trying to dispatch her to go Claus but she's way too awesome to be tossed aside like that. It's like "Alister is your ace navi!!!! Quit trying to get away from her!"

Titanana is way too dope to be hanging out on a homestead anyways. Home girl needs to be up in the sky being a boss captain. Lavie is my favorite character (probably because she reminds me of how I was at her age) but Tatiana is second best for me because she's a total BAMF.