Anatoray & Disith Symbols

Discussion about the Last Exile series.
-TK-

Post by -TK- »

Corny wrote:
-TK- wrote: What Corny says is almost correct, however according to the rules of the LE alphabet "omega" translates into "W", not "O".
Ah, didn't know about that, thanks!
Here's the reference chart ;)
Corny wrote:
-TK- wrote: I also spot a dot after the capital omega and a "chi" instead of a "psi" in the word "Back".
Oh, that was actually a typo on my part. That's definitely a χ (chi).

Anyway, about those two mystery letters: If the π is actually τι (good idea!), maybe it's supposed to mean "sometime"?
Σομετιμε
Okay, the ε might be stretch, but it could be a μ after the τι!
"Sometime" is the best guess so far, although it is hard to read an "ε" at the end of that word.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

At least we got half the jist of it, lmao.

But yeah, okay so this is a thing that is confusing! I was trying to scan it with different settings to see if the words could come out any clearer to little avail.

And yeah, in LE's weird Greek, Ω is W rather than O. Which is why it could be a "We" even though I can't make out anything after the Ω. :/a Because then the generalized idea of all returning to the "field" eventually somewhat sounds like the Exile Mysteria. Unless "field" in this case means Anatoray's lands. WHO KNOWS.

And it's definitely a stretch, but tossing Ω into google translate by itself also gives a sort of cry of encouragement as a potential translation? But that's under the assumption that Ω is actually O since it's not in the LE world.

Rainbowsavvy

Post by Rainbowsavvy »

I as well tried to mess around in my graphic program to see if I could flesh out some clear lettering, but not much luck..but this was way more information than I had anticipated! lol Thanks for all the images/help/info guys! Learning all this really just makes me appreciate the complexity of the series even more. I was going to reconstruct vector art for both Anatoray and Disith symbols, but I wanted to be as true to them as possible but had no clue about some of the lettering lol. I have slowly begun constructing Anatoray as seen below

http://i.imgur.com/zvIxBl4.jpg

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Even though we are a tiny group I love it when a bunch of us LE nerds get together to try and figure out stuff like this. :oops:

Also omg that vector looks awesome so far! Do you have a large enough Anatoray logo to work with? I can scan in the novel page for that as well if you need anything else since it has its own as well.

Rainbowsavvy

Post by Rainbowsavvy »

Tara wrote:Even though we are a tiny group I love it when a bunch of us LE nerds get together to try and figure out stuff like this. :oops:

Also omg that vector looks awesome so far! Do you have a large enough Anatoray logo to work with? I can scan in the novel page for that as well if you need anything else since it has its own as well.
I would have to check but I *think* I'm using the one you have provided on the site. But any extra material is always helpful too!

Rainbowsavvy

Post by Rainbowsavvy »

Tara wrote:At least we got half the jist of it, lmao.

But yeah, okay so this is a thing that is confusing! I was trying to scan it with different settings to see if the words could come out any clearer to little avail.

And yeah, in LE's weird Greek, Ω is W rather than O. Which is why it could be a "We" even though I can't make out anything after the Ω. :/a Because then the generalized idea of all returning to the "field" eventually somewhat sounds like the Exile Mysteria. Unless "field" in this case means Anatoray's lands. WHO KNOWS.

And it's definitely a stretch, but tossing Ω into google translate by itself also gives a sort of cry of encouragement as a potential translation? But that's under the assumption that Ω is actually O since it's not in the LE world.
When you input " Ω " into Google translate, it translated it to. "Oh". It looks like there could be possibly something beyond that but the image is just too grainy to tell. Sadly.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Rainbowsavvy wrote:
Tara wrote:Even though we are a tiny group I love it when a bunch of us LE nerds get together to try and figure out stuff like this. :oops:

I would have to check but I *think* I'm using the one you have provided on the site. But any extra material is always helpful too!
Well, here's another one if it helps!
Spoiler

Rainbowsavvy

Post by Rainbowsavvy »

I think that one is better than the one I have lol, this'll be fun. I just wish there was a higher quality image of the alphabet for LE. It would make vectoring letters so much easier. Thanks for the higher quality image of Anatoray!

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Rainbowsavvy wrote:I think that one is better than the one I have lol, this'll be fun. I just wish there was a higher quality image of the alphabet for LE. It would make vectoring letters so much easier. Thanks for the higher quality image of Anatoray!
Well while I have the scanner out, WHY NOT! I'm not sure if it helps with vectoring since the page itself does have that kind of weird spotty aged look to it on purpose, but here's a large version.

(the Travelers scans in the gallery are from a zip I found I don't even remember where lmao.)
Spoiler

Rainbowsavvy

Post by Rainbowsavvy »

Tara wrote:
Rainbowsavvy wrote:I think that one is better than the one I have lol, this'll be fun. I just wish there was a higher quality image of the alphabet for LE. It would make vectoring letters so much easier. Thanks for the higher quality image of Anatoray!
Well while I have the scanner out, WHY NOT! I'm not sure if it helps with vectoring since the page itself does have that kind of weird spotty aged look to it on purpose, but here's a large version.

(the Travelers scans in the gallery are from a zip I found I don't even remember where lmao.)
Spoiler

Oh that's a lot better! Thanks! I honestly started to vector both Disith and Anatoray because I was considering them as tattoos, but if not they are still good practice. I vectored the design on the front of Linkage 02 and it turned out well.