Euris

Discussion about the Last Exile series.
lilyexile

Euris

Post by lilyexile »

Do we really ever find out anything about Euris at all. Except that she was Alex's fiancée, 19, Marius's daughter, and looks like Sophia ? Is there anything in the art books about her or anything. Like what her relation to Sophia was. Gonzo really annoys me with that lack of development for her.
"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, kid"

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

I think it said in one of the art books that she was Sophia's cousin through their mothers.

It really annoys me that we don't get know who she was. Especially as her death is Alex's motivation throughout the series. She's more of a plot device than a character, which was such a let down.

It also makes her kind of hard to work with in fanfic for me, because there so little to her in canon she might as well be an OC.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

She was more a catalyst for Alex's entire point in the series more than an actual character, though given the time constraints of the series (especially toward the end) I'm not too surprised they didn't elaborate more. Though what little we do know about her at least is tied into a lot of important points in the series. Being the daughter of Marius who had fled the Guild after Delphine's purge, Marius was the one who wanted to make peace with Disith so as his daughter and an assumed skilled enough navi to be entrusted with the job, she ended up being one of the pilots. Had Anatoray and Disith actually made peace back then a lot would have changed.

So she was kind of on the same level as Hamilcar and Georges, tied into a big point of the series, but more an important catalyst to a main character so they'd have a focus and involvement in the series at the time we see it. Since Alex's entire arc and character was vengeance for what happened then.