Fam Dub Online on Funimation's Site

Discussion about the Fam, The Silver Wing series.
Tara
Administrator

Fam Dub Online on Funimation's Site

Post by Tara »

As the US release of Fam draws ever closer, they finally released a new clip aside from the teaser trailer when it was first announced!

Watch the video here!

EDIT: With the first four episodes up on Funi's site, I figured I'd change this up.

Watch the first four episodes dubbed here!

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

SO EXCITED! I'm still now really digging the dub voices, I'm not even sure what it is because they do sound good. They just don't fit the characters for me for some reason. I've probably just gotten too used to the original VAs.

I hope the entire series gets shown on air, on a channel where everyone will see it, and be like "OMG THIS IS AWESOME! WHERE IS THE FANDOM? I MUST JOIN IMMEDIATELY!

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Yes then I can scream in more peoples' faces.

I really like the Turan accents but I'm also just a sucker for accents. It does give more of a variation to me in terms of all of the different groups of people/all of the Presters and Exiles and such. So we're going to have them as well as the Glacies folk, now I'm wondering if they're going to do something like that with anyone else. XD And on that note I wonder what they're going to do with the Glacies folks. They have their own English VAs cast for them, so are they planning to redub the Russian with them (mostly in Dyan's case for the few words she speaks to Fam later in her language), or are they just going to use them for those few words (that'd be weird though with the sudden pitch changes between Dyan's original voice and the dub voice when she does try speaking to Fam). Or will they opt to English speaking with Russian accents (which would make the whole Dyan episode weird). But yes with dub voices for them cast I'm curious as to what they're gonna do there.

Overall though I tend to not have big swing opinions either way (sans for Dio because my NodaJun boner is so big and she's perfect and I couldn't really listen to him in the first series without being like :| Though at the same time I wanna see what Greg ends up doing with him SO I FELT TEASED WHEN WE SAW DIO BUT HE DIDN'T SPEAK WEH). I've only watched various clips here and there of the first series' English release and so far it has a similar feel. I like Fam's VA, and I think it's kind of cute that they turned Giselle's nickname to Gigi; maybe because they thought Gisey sounded too close to Giselle when you pronounce it in English (too close as in there's not as big a sound distinction between it like the pronunciations between 'eru' and 'ei' in Japanese).

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

first time I watched LE was when the dub was aired on TV, and considering how a lot of dubs I'd seen were done at the time I was amazed at the quality. Still the only anime where I really, really love the dub is Cowboy Bebop. Everything else if I'm straight up watching instead of putting the DVD in for some noise while do something I prefer subs.... A stupid line is so much more easy for me to read and not get embarrassment squick compared to hearing it.

I felt the same way about Dio in the clip, I really want to know how the new VAs for the original series characters are going to hold up. The very, very few I did recognize for the new cast are all pretty good, but the new cast is living in the shadows of some of my favorite VAs. I kinda feel sorry for them, because there will undoubtedly be "YOU RUINED IT FOREVER!!!!" people out there. Not to mention first time watchers who aren't going to know, like ten years have passed between "seasons," (Sorry I still consider Fam a sequel series and not a second season.) and aren't going to understand why the VAs are different.

I'm hoping for Glaces people they try and re-dub the Russian, it's going to be really weird if they do anything else.

I also like that they changed it to Gigi, instead of Gisey.... Gisey sounds really close to Giselle, but it also sounds close to...something else, and with American audiences at least was a dirty joke waiting to happen.

lilyexile

Post by lilyexile »

So glacies are Still going to speak Russian?! Or maybe Russian accented English ?
"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, kid"

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Not sure yet! They have actors cast for the dub version, but it's still in the air which they're going to do. I guess we'll see either when the characters appear, or if they end up adding a clip of them if they release any more teasers or trailers.

lilyexile

another fam dub clip

Post by lilyexile »

Has anyone else seen the dub clip where Dio speaks. It's up on ginimations YouTube channel if anyone wants to see it

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

LINK!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixNsh9A-TSI

Everyone still sounds so weird to me...

lilyexile

Post by lilyexile »

Yeah, I agree. Waiting for ades federation voice clips.

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Yeee I woke up to this!!

Greg's take on Dio ... is actually pretty good compared to what I've heard of the first series to me. And I was ready to be the most critical because ~♥~NodaJun~♥~ but I'm pleasantly surprised!

I still love those Turan accents I'll never get over them.

Also seconding the want to hear some Ades voice clips. Maybe next!!