Movie: Over the Wishes

Discussion about the Fam, The Silver Wing series.
Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Hey, you never know; even an omnibus movie could mean a spark for even a small new spinoff thing. I'll always keep hoping. I mean we waited almost a decade for a sequel to begin with, lmao.

In related news, NodaJun tweeted about the movie!

/VIBRATES AND HOPES THIS MEANS SHE'S RECORDING NEW DIALOGUE FOR DIO

Csilla Aria

Post by Csilla Aria »

Tara wrote:Hey, you never know; even an omnibus movie could mean a spark for even a small new spinoff thing. I'll always keep hoping. I mean we waited almost a decade for a sequel to begin with, lmao.

In related news, NodaJun tweeted about the movie!

/VIBRATES AND HOPES THIS MEANS SHE'S RECORDING NEW DIALOGUE FOR DIO
Maybe a video game with AU story lines like Madoka Magica Portable! I don't even know what kind of game an LE game would be but I'd buy it.

cgChick

Post by cgChick »

New Last Exile material? YAY!!! Glad to see the series is being kept alive! And if I remember from the "movie" re-do of RahXephon, usually the director adds some additional material here and there that didn't make it into the final cut of the television cour run. If I had to guess, 90% of it will remain the same as what was run in the anime while an additional 10% will be added stuff that was initially left on the cutting room floor or story tweaks that the director wanted to accomplish. In any event I'm glad to see this IP being kept current, if it sells well and we're lucky we could get a 3rd season/series out of this (or at least an OAV)!

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

cgChick wrote:New Last Exile material? YAY!!! Glad to see the series is being kept alive! And if I remember from the "movie" re-do of RahXephon, usually the director adds some additional material here and there that didn't make it into the final cut of the television cour run. If I had to guess, 90% of it will remain the same as what was run in the anime while an additional 10% will be added stuff that was initially left on the cutting room floor or story tweaks that the director wanted to accomplish. In any event I'm glad to see this IP being kept current, if it sells well and we're lucky we could get a 3rd season/series out of this (or at least an OAV)!
That's always a hope! My biggest hope is a proper release of the dramas from the LENIght events... But I'll take anything tbh!

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

Ticket sales have happened! And we all know what the poster looks like, but here's the back of it!
Spoiler

cgChick

Post by cgChick »

Oooooh very cool! All aboard the hype train! Choo choo!

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

The limited edition blu-ray that will be for sale this weekend!
Spoiler
I'm not sure how "limited" these are; as in, only being sold at the venues, whether or not they're being sold outside of such anytime soon, but. New art!!

cgChick

Post by cgChick »

New art feeds my addiction. Can't wait for the omnibus to release! :D

Tara
Administrator

Post by Tara »

At the event, there were also clear files of the BD covers given out at random! Since we have those photos already though, I won't post them.

I'm getting my BD ... soon! The BD itself goes on sale on April 20th, but I got the limited one sold at the movies from an auction. I'll have a post up for it when I get it with changes and screencaps and stuff!

From what I am reading, a couple of things I can near confirm is that the movie is more from Millia's POV (so I assume a lot more dialogue being her), the movie might do a good job of kind of threading the story together better? And Al, Claus and Lavie appear to be cut from the omnibus completely.

-TK-

Post by -TK- »

Tara wrote:At the event, there were also clear files of the BD covers given out at random! Since we have those photos already though, I won't post them.

I'm getting my BD ... soon! The BD itself goes on sale on April 20th, but I got the limited one sold at the movies from an auction. I'll have a post up for it when I get it with changes and screencaps and stuff!
I’m confused…. What is the difference between this “limited” edition sold at the movies and the “regular” one? It seems the latter has the 64-pages booklet too, so… Clear files? Posters?
From what I am reading, a couple of things I can near confirm is that the movie is more from Millia's POV (so I assume a lot more dialogue being her), the movie might do a good job of kind of threading the story together better? And Al, Claus and Lavie appear to be cut from the omnibus completely.
It makes sense to have cut the part with Claus and Lavie since they actually had no role in Fam. However, the original problem with "Fam the Silver Wing" was it introduced too many characters but had little to no development for most of them. I doubt the movie adaptation is able to get rid of those flaws by just shifting the focus to Millia's POV.
I will give it a try though.